Thursday, December 27, 2012

Of books read in 2012

Finally, I completed the challenge on Goodreads this year! (Though I cheated a little)

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Kedar has completed his goal of reading 20 books in 2012!
hide

I will make up for the shortcomings from the last year in the coming year.

But, let's keep that aside and talk about books. I read a couple of them. As compared to people who had challenged themselves to read 100/150/200 books, I had a meager 20 books to finish. I cheated my way through. I had to. Why, you ask? Why, I ask! Let's not get into that.

So, here are five of the best ones read this year:
  • The Sirens of Titan - So far, probably my favourite Vonnegut. Very, very close to Slaughterhouse-five.
  • Snow Crash - Metaphors, Avatars, and the humorous Mr. Stephenson. Our journey just began!
  • Perdido Street Station - China, you have redefined the way things can be written and fatansized.
  • The Sense of an Ending - A book full of quotes. Those History quotes, I will keep using them.
  • Good Omens - I love it when two chaps get together to have some rowdy fun. Specially if they are Gaiman and Sir Pratchett.
That's that. For now.

No comments: